Friday, December 29, 2006

With No Further Adieu

Christmas came early this year, but I was so busy that I didn't get a chance to properly post anything about this fabulous secret pal package.




The most awesome thing about this secret pal package is that it's based upon one of my favorite movies: The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.



It included the dvd, some beautiful custom-dyed sock yarn, some scissors with a gingerbread man, a beautiful handmade card with knitted motifs, a little knitting reference book, and a sock pattern -as well as some gorgeous stitch markers.

I can't help myself. I'm going straight to my favorite part of the package. The custom dyed yarn. When I first opened it, there was something familiar about the colors in the yarn, but I couldn't put my finger on it, but then it occured to me that they are the same colors that Clementine dyes her hair in the Endless Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. That's some one of a kind, original yarn. I can't wait to make socks with it.



Have a closer look:


I also love love love the mini knitting reference book. It's permanently stashed in my knitting bag. And I might buy some of the knitting books recommended inside!


Let us not forget the cute miniskein keyring and the adorable stitch markers.
Look closeley -you'll see that they're mittens and snowballs!


And the cute gingerbread scissors. Secret Pal, how did you know I needed another pair?



And last but not least, the wonderful handmade card. Makes me so happy to be a knitter...


Again SP, you were super thoughtful and imaginative in creating this package. It was absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to start the socks. I can't wait until you're revealed and I can thank you properly!

Since my houseguests are gone I'll finally have time to write decent posts. I've been off work all week and I've been catching up with movies. It's pathetic for this film school graduate but I've only gone to a few movies for the last year so I had a lot of catching up to do. Since yesterday I've watched: A Scanner Darkly, Tristram Shandy a Cock and Bull Story, Little Miss Sunshine and Art School Confidential.
Reviews on those later.

GG

No comments: