Sunday, August 07, 2005

Pottery Farm

Yes Friends...

It's that time of year again. Twice a year, I have to work the San Francisco International Gift Fair. This is heaps of fun because it's basically a big party where I see a lot of people I know and work with. We talk, we eat, we gossip and we sell product. It's a place where everybody's happy and enthusiastic. However, I worked fewer hours this season because of craziness in the office and because exerting all the energy at the show has the tendency of making me cranky during the week.

However the highlight of the day was visiting with Alex and Andrew of Alex Marshall Studios. You'll recall she does this amazing tableware. I'm a big fan and I love to support a local artist. She just rehttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifcently moved her operations to the central valley of all things, but seems to be flourishing. Anyhoo, I couldn't help but splurge and order a few more of her bowls and mugs. AND she has come out with this gorgeous ceramic cylinder that's just perfect for holding knitting needles. I'm going to have to make a button because I want Alex's pieces to be a permanent fixture on my blog.

This was a fantastic weekend, however I didn't spend any time working on the quilt. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll make it to the show...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a fun event. Love San Francisco!