Friday, April 14, 2006

Sun Glorious Sun

It’s been raining almost nonstop for weeks. I thought maybe the sun had forgotten about us, but it’s back, with a vengeance. At least for 24 hours. This means that my cute spring sandals have come out of hiding and gasp! I wore a skirt to knit night last night. It felt great especially since the farmer’s market coincides with knit night. Marin Fiber Arts saw a lot of foot traffic. That’s always a good sign. Also a good sign is the presence of the paparazzi, I mean the media. A Marin IJ reporter and his photographer came by to sit in for an hour with the knit nighters. All the regulars were there and we behaved ourselves admirably, keeping swears to a minimum and cat chat was nonexistent. There was also a husband of a knit-nighter who actually knitted with us! Humans of the male persuasion are always welcome, they stop by occasionally to check on their wives, but rarely do they ever knit! Sometime next week knit night will be featured in a column in the Marin IJ. Watch this space for the weblink if they post it.

Last night I also got a special tour of Izzy Tart’s house and met her boyfriend J. They’re so cute together they should be featured in a magazine. A hip magazine that mentions their love of comics and their personal zoo of animals. I finally got to meet Ernie the bird who chirped for me, which was awesome because he usually doesn’t do that in front of strangers. The best part was when J had to move his car so Izzy Tart could get out and they blew kisses at each other as they passed. CUTE!

I’m almost done with my pair of knit picks socks. I’m shocked that it’s taking me 2 months to knit a pair of socks. Apparently I’m not knitting enough, or I have too many projects. My goal is to finish my two projects in progress by May 1st, if not sooner because I have some serious baby knitting to get started on. Izzy and I are on a baby knitting rampage.

One thing’s for sure and it’s that I probably won’t get much knitting done this weekend. We have a new bed arriving – KING SIZE. Hallelujah! I suppose that’s our Easter present to ourselves. This means that we have to make room in the garage for the old mattress and someone dispose of the old bedframe, which is now completely useless because it’s nearly fallen apart. And the kitchen remains a mess, so there will not be any rest for me this evening. I want everything as clean as possible so that Mr. G feels more comfortable after work. The good news is that all this effort will mean for more comfort in the long run.

And that’s not all, Saturday is going to a circus of maintenance activities. I have to smog the car. I have to pick up a piece of furniture, we have to buy new bed linens.

No, there will not be any knitting this weekend….

GG

No comments: