Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Gig Is Up

Alright alright I confess!

I'm a total geek.

I was at a party and somebody pointed out to me that I was a knitting geek. I didn't even know that there was such a thing, but apparently my obsession with knitting, knowledge of techniques, and hoarding of yarn is geeky. Since this was brought to my attention, I thought why not take on other geeky obsessions? I already watch a lot of Sci Fi -battlestar galactica anyone? And I used to read comic books in high school...

So leave it to my friend Izzy to reawaken my geeky side. Not only have I returned to the comic book store, but gasp! I have also started gaming. And I mean gaming of the d&d variety.

Which is why I haven't been blogging of late. I've had to get tutored on all this dnd stuff. And I've been reading some comic books. Back in my day I loved Bitchy Bitch, but nowadays I'm reading Fables, Bumperboy, Little Star, Chances Are and some others that I can't remember.

I also read Continuity, which rocked. If you like Ursula K LeGuin's The Lathe of Heaven, you'll like Continuity.

But the reason why I've diversified my interests is that they are all compatable with knitting. I knit too much to read actual books (and I don't like most of the fiction written these days) and I can knit during a dnd campaign. Did I mention that I"ve only been playing a month and I'm now with 3 different campaigns? Oy vey I don't know how I'll keep all of my characters straight!

But still I knit on. I'm working on the Central Park Hoodie from this season's Knit Scene with some Rowan Yorkshire Tweed. And there's yet another gift that I'm knitting that I can't share with you. All I'll say is that I'm knitting with Crystal Palace Creme in Periwinkle and it's yummy. A very soft wool silk blend with a nice sheen.

Grenadine Girl

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

You crack my up!y