Sunday, April 17, 2005

Guess What

I"m almost done with the Flower Basket!!! Miracle of miracles... and I sent out a random act of kindness this week. I can't wait to hear from the special person who will receive it this week. I also sent a package to my secret pal. I have one more left to send. I'm still deciding if I should participate in Secret Pals 5. Maybe we'll see.

You may have noticed, but I haven't been posting here that often, and its because I haven't felt that i had anything interesting to share in the way of my knitting. I can only show you so many photos of the flower-basket-in-progress and frankly I've been depressed and I haven't really felt the urgent need to share that experience. I have recovered a little in that I can be more productive, but I've found myself blocked in deciding how/what to do next. I know I need to do something directly to express myself. I've got a lot of ideas for craft projects, film projects, dinner recipes, party themes and television programs. Why can't I just sit down and organize it all so that I am doing something with my ideas instead of merely thinking about them?

For instance on the treadmill today I laid out the foundations for a brilliant documentary about mental illness, though I find myself too afraid to attempt it. Do I know enough about the mentally ill? I can think of a million reasons not to do it and one really strong reason that I absolutely have to: because mental illness is the most misunderstood human condition, yet many of us have to deal with it on a daily basis. But it's something that nobody talks about and that people are ashamed of.

So this is the point in the post where you're thinking: Gee, Grenadine Girl, it sounds to me like you already know what you want to do.

Yeah. So why the hell won't I just do it?
(not to quote Nike or anything)

Grenadine Girl.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

G Girl-
I think you should do it! Personally I've struggled with depression off & on, and it's something that really affects your life. Making a documentary would help people like us feel like we're not alone, and could inspire us to get motivated to do cool things like you! Sounds like an awesome idea - and hey, at least you made it to the treadmill - I haven't gotten there in a week! (and it was a heck of big gap of time b4 that ;)

Congrats on the flower basket progress!

~Andrea