Tuesday, July 26, 2005

We pause for a commercial break

The folks at Maran Illustrated were kind enough to send me a complimentary copy of their knitting and crocheting how-to book. I wasn't expecting to like it because frankly, to me it's not very aesthetically pleasing. Don't get me wrong, the knitting and crocheting illustrations are excellent, however the use of color and the photography aren't so good. However, I will take excellent illustrated instruction over aesthetics any day.

This is the first book that showed me multiple ways to weave in ends, to make cast-ons and to increase. Anytime I have a question on a pattern this will be my go-to book. It's like a knitting bible. I would liken it to a textbook for its factual and detailed approach. Everybody's got a million pretty knitting books with lucious photos and interesting anecdotes and tasty projects, but Maran's Illustrated Guide to Knitting and Crocheting will be the book I use to figure out how to actually knit.

If you need a book to help you figure out some of those tricky knitting techniques: look no further: Maran Illustrated

Grenadine Girl

No comments: