Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bless You

Got my wish last night.

After spending the whole day inside Mr. G took me out for sushi.

"To celebrate" he said.

This meant I had an excuse to get out of my pyjamas and into those fabulous jeans I bought the other day. And I felt more motivated than ever to wear makeup. I had been feeling badly about being laid off the day before. I was afraid it was going to change my relationship with Mr G, that he was really let down about my job situation and disapointed in me. So I made myself look extra pretty for him.

Strangely I didn't need to. He was surprisingly happy for me. We had a beautiful dinner together where he told me I was destined for bigger and better things and he wanted me to have the time to work on my book.

So in essence. Everything's ok. In fact, it's better than ok. It's fabulous.

As the song says "You can't always get what you want, but sometimes you might find, you get what you need" and apparently I need lots of free time to knit, care for my husband, and travel.

The joy of the blessing in disguise.

GG

1 comment:

jenny jen said...

If only we could all be so lucky! ;)