Saturday, August 18, 2007

Long Saturday

It's 10:53pm. I'm hiding out in the craft room whilst the husband and his friends play zombie video games. I'm too tired to knit, too tired even to watch a movie (a pile of recent romantic comedies no less), but somehow I'm not too tired to stretch the laptop to the end of my fingertips and rattle out a few words.

The firewood order for winter arrived today. I know it's August, but if I wait until November to get firewood it will be too wet and too expensive. Now I have well-seasoned pine, walnut and oak kicking it in my garage. Loading the firewood in the garage was easy work, especially with all the help from my friends. I can't believe I even considered hiring someone to assist. I may not even be sore tomorrow. It makes me wish it was October already and raining so that I could knit in front of the fire.

Had lunch with my fellow firewood friends. A lunch of toasted bagels and cream cheese. I was on a total carb overload, which I probably why I required a nap in the middle of the afternoon. After the nap I went Target, the French store and hung out with the only local friend I have with kids and it was an eye-opening experience. In a good way. I am blown away with everything she and her husband are doing and how well behaved and pleasant their kids are. Makes me want to become a parent tomorrow. I know it's not all shopping and slurpees, but I'm inspired nonetheless. Some people say that a person becomes 80% less interesting when they have kids. But J and J prove that wrong 1000 times over.

I'm sleepy, maybe I'll turn down the lights and watch Catch and Release.

GG


So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you...

No comments: