Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday Catch Up

It is cold and foggy today. Seems more like March than August. But that's good because I've been watching a strange documentary about Japanese host and hostess club called The Great Happiness Space. It follows an Osaka host club and it's lady patrons. Oddly enough, the hostess club is in the same district where I stayed back in May. It's called Minami, in case you speak Japanese well enough to find these places.

Here are some photos to refresh your memory:
This is Minami in the daytime, when everyone who actually lives there is hungover.




Also here are some photos from my latest trip in Vancouver. They're kind of boring because really I was just there to hang out and be silly. But still Vancouver is a beautiful city.




This one is taken from the outdoor cafe at the Vancouver Gallery. They had a great exhibit featuring artists from impressionism all the way to surrealism. My favorite was the huge hallway of Rodin sculptures. I always tear up at the Age of Bronze.




I'm a sucker for the color of leaves in the sunlight. I'm going to save this photo for the next time I want to dye my hair red.

And let me introduce you to a movie star of tomorrow, my pal Lucy:








and one last little thing.
I was lounging in the backyard of one of Gabrielle's neighbors when a tiny little pinecone landed on my knee.
I wanted to take it home with me, but really what the hell am I going to do with one teeny pinecone, so I took a photo of it instead.





So what did we learn on our trip to Vancouver?
#1: Beer and wine do not mix

GG

No comments: