Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Chronicles of Yarnia Part 5: Elvis Lives- In Yarnia!!!

Ahhh yes, post tradeshow beverages... Is there any better way to wind down?

Once I was finished helping FYC I had to attend an industry event with Warren. There was some sort of knitwear fashion show and attendee reception.

The ballroom lobby was crowded and people were quite pushy trying to make their way in. I thought to myself, "Gee, it's just a fashion show. What? Have these people never seen yarn before?". So I started knitting, you know the raison d'etre for that day's festivities. I was surprised that there wasn't more knitting going on. But once the doors opened I realized that everyone else knew something I didn't.

There was food to be had.

and...

There was an Elvis impersonator.

You want to see someone confused? Watch me trying to figure out what to do first. Eat food or get photo with Elvis? Eat food or get photo with Elvis?

Never one to sacrifice, I instead made a compromise. Get food and get photo with Elvis. I cut in line and grabbed myself two egg rolls and high-tailed it to the other side of the ballroom.

Witness: the blurry photo.



Post tradeshow beverages? Pretty Cool.

Post tradeshow beverages and Elvis. Pretty darned awesome.

GG

No comments: