Sunday, May 08, 2005

Bon Weekend

This has been one of the best weekends I've had in a looooong time. I'm feeling pretty good. Saturday was fantastic. I slept in until 9:30 and read a book (which is a biography on Madame de Stael a citoyenne and author during the French Revolution). The weather was gorgeous and I set upon some garage sale shopping. I found 5 textbooks on sewing and pattern making, so hopefully my sewing will improve.

Mr. Grenadine and I had a delicious lunch of leftover spaghetti made fancier by a glass of white wine. I danced around the house listening to Jack Johnson's new album, then we played Lord of the Rings, The Third Age all afternoon. I read some knitting magazines, Rollingstone and Stitch and Bitch nation. I finished the evening by watching the first episode of the Forsyte Saga, which is glorious, especially while I'm knitting.

Yes, I'm back to the knitting again. I am working on a baby blanket for an expectant mum in Australia. I don't like using baby yarn for baby projects. I'm using some Plymouth bulky acrylic blend and it looks beautiful. An easy, relaxing project.

Today is Sunday and now it's all rainy, which makes for some good knitting time and to watch the second installment of the Forsyte saga. I've already had my cup of decaf and read the Sunday paper. We'll probably have to go to the gym this afternoon and I'm actually going to cook a real dinner tonight. Sorry to Mr. Grenadine for being slack-ass in the kitchen.

Anyway happy mother's day to all. I'm going to call my mom and grandmother this afternoon. Hopefully they've received my cards.

Grenadine Girl

No comments: