Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Its a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Would you be my neighbor?

I must be doing well because I now have good old Mister Rogers stuck in my head. Or perhaps I'm still high off endorphins from my 30 minute stationary bike ride. I love the bike. I read while I'm biking and it makes exercise more enjoyable. And I get to exercise my mind while my legs get a workout. I'm still reading the biography about Madame de Stael. Right now she's in exile from France because good old Boney (Emperor Bonaparte) doesn't like her free flowing ideas and unconventional lifestyle. I love how reading about her has given me a new dimension on Napoleon. All of the biographies that center on him give him a lot more glory than he perhaps deserves. He is such a controversial figure -it's hard to tell if he was good or bad for the French people. On one hand he did create the code Napoleon (which is still the basis of law in Louisiana) and he brought order to what was previously revolutionary anarchy. On the other, he discouraged freedom of thought and freedom of the press. Nonetheless, he and his contemporaries are fascinating to me.

I have started that Knit 1 tank with the Rowan all seasons cotton. This is going to take a long time and I hope for my sake, since I plan to wear this thing that it turns out better than my flower basket. Am I getting myself in too deep? It's a simple tank. It will teach me important things like armhole and neck shaping. And I'll have to whip out my crochet techniques for the finishing touches. I have high hopes for this project. But then I have a secret. I've been a little disloyal to the knitting. Gasp! I've been thinking about returning to quilting! That's right. This Saturday I want to set up my sewing machine in the dining room and finish my mother-in-law's quilt. Its looooooong overdue and she could do with a special gift. Which reminds me that I should email my sister-in-law Tegan. Hello Tegan.

Anywho I should hang out with my neglected husband who is currently watching Star Treg TNG, which I'm not such a huge fan of anymore.

Hey I also remembered to mail my secret pal a new package today. I can't wait for her to receive it. I am still considering whether or not I want to participate in SP5. I have to save a heap of cashola for my Christmas trip to Australia. Has anyone already signed up for SP5?

I hope you're all doing well. I'm excited my birthday is coming up soon.

Grenadine Girl

3 comments:

Christie said...

OOoOOoOoo..ASC...I enjoyed working with that yarn. I wouldn't worry to much about cheating on your knitting with quilting. We all need a crafty break once in awhile to rediscover the motivation and love. Get on that tank...can't wait to see your progress!

emy said...

Hmm... I just joined SP5!

Moze said...

I joined SP5. I figured that instead of buying myself a birthday gift this year I'll buy for someone else, and let someone else (for a change) surprise me.