Monday, February 13, 2006

I don't like knitting with a deadline

It minimizes your progress.

It is going to take and olympic effort to finish the sweater. I misjudged how long it would take me to knit a sleeve, even worse, I misjudged how much yarn I would need. I thought I bought above and beyond the amount of yarn I needed, but I don't have enough to finish the second sleeve and the waist ties. I think I'm going to need another 3 or 4 skeins. Arg this is turning into quite the expensive sweater....
With this spring weather we've been having it's possible that I might not even get to wear the darned thing until next year.

My husband's scarf is coming along nicely. And the olympics have been mighty entertaining. I love the flying tomato. It was nice to see people get emotional about their achievements. And Michelle Kwan leaving the Olympics. She should get a gold medal for selflessness.

It feels good to be American again.

GG

1 comment:

Christie said...

You can do it! Don't give up! Let those endorphines kick in!

I love the Olympics because it's one of the few times I feel really proud to be an American and through those athletes I feel that peace is achievable.